Monday, June 22, 2015

Marathon Training Week 3

Total Run Mileage: 33.03
Total Cycle Mileage: 29.41
Yoga Classes: 3
Strength Sessions: 4

This week, I want to give a general overview and tell you about the my best run.

I hit my mileage and my workouts. I did my biking and all that goodness, in addition to getting in yoga several times this week. Overall, it went well. I worked on getting my runs done in the best possible temperatures for the day, which decreased my overall suffer score, although I'm still not enjoying the runs as much lately.

However, one run really stood out this week and was AMAZING!

On Thursday, I had 5 miles with some strides scheduled and also needed to take Mallory to catch the ferry for Block Island around 7:30am, which is my running time, so guess what. That's right, I ran the beach. Well, I didn't exactly run the beach. Actually, I drove around, looked at the Point Judith Lighthouse and tried to find a place that felt right to leave the car where I wouldn't worry about getting towed or ticketed. I found this lovely little lot where parking is free and it led to trails! The trails led to the beach and the beach led to the road where I could run through neighborhoods with a view of the ocean. All within my 5 miles. So amazing! Also amazing, it was a weekday morning, which meant only a handful of other runners were out and about. No tourists or beach goers. No traffic. Super gorgeous out and better yet, all mine!

Here are a few photos I took after completing my run and walking around some of the prettier scenes of the morning.






I mean, seriously, how gorgeous was my run? It got me thinking that I don't want to take the exploring out of my training and there are many ways to hit my mileage and workouts without feeling like a machine or boring myself. Going someplace new and beautiful is one of those ways. Hence, my desire to make a point of trying to do something like this weekly.

Also, my hopeful qualifying race will be in Newport, RI, which is not too far from home. I would like to do some of my long runs on the actual course, so I can feel as prepared as possible. Newport, RI isn't such a shabby place to put in the miles either...

No comments:

Post a Comment